Zoey says Happy Friday Everyone,
Mom is making her favorite soup again and she can't wait to have the mushrooms that are in it.
And Today's Lunch is...
Warm Asian Vegetarian Soup
Zoey just loves mushrooms, but mom won't let her have the ones she finds outside for some reason....
She's only allowed the ones in this soup.
And she just loves them!
4 cups organic vegetable broth
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 head baby bok choy
1 pkg bunapi mushrooms (about 7oz)
1. Cut off the very bottom of the stem of the bok choy, keeping the rest of the stem and stalk whole. Then cut this whole head in half and rinse each of these halves thoroughly under cold running water.
2. Next cut off the very bottom of the mushroom stem, keeping some of the stem so that they stay in tact and don’t separate. Then cut the whole mushroom bunch into four parts.
3. Next, in a medium pot combine the vegetable broth, the baby bok choy, the mushrooms, and the soy sauce. Give everything a little stir then cover and let this come to a boil.
4. Once it boils, give it another stir, turn the heat down to low, and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms and bok choy are soft.
5. Then it’s ready to serve; and I usually place 2 of the mushroom bunches and 1 bok choy half in each bowl. Makes 2 soup servings, enjoy.
Have a Wonderful Day!