Today I’m making bunny bread –now I usually do this mantou dough which is -the steamed Chinese bread, but I thought I’d try doing a quick and easy version using premade bread dough that I picked up at the grocery store – this makes the perfect easy treat for Easter.
Pre made bread dough – here I use Pillsbury French bread
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the dough you are using. For the French bread it is 350F.
- Then lightly grease a baking sheet with a little olive oil on a paper towel.
- Next remove the dough from the package and cut it into even pieces. The French bread divides nicely into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll these pieces into balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Next create the bunny’s ears by cutting into the dough with scissors on both sides of the tops of the buns, creating triangles for the ears.
- Then cut the raisins into small pieces. Use these raisin pieces to create the bunny’s eyes and nose. Make sure to press them firmly into the dough so that they don’t fall out when baked.
- Once the faces are done, place them in the oven and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Keep in mind that the cooking instructions on the dough may suggest a longer baking time since it is for a whole loaf of bread instead of small buns; and be careful not to let the ears burn.
- When they are lightly browned you can place them on a plate and serve, enjoy :)